I declare that the information that I have provided in connection with my application for a Start Up Loans is true and accurate.
I agree that the representatives of SWIG Finance may make any checks that they feel necessary regarding this information in order to help make a decision on the application for finance.
I authorise SWIG Finance to discuss and exchange any appropriate information (including copies of documentation verifying my identity, address and bank details) with the Start Up Loans Company in relation to my loan application.
When you apply to us to open an account, this organisation will check the following records about you and others (see 2 below)
- Our own;
- those at credit reference agencies (CRAs). When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders. They supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information.
- those at fraud prevention agencies (FPAs).
We will make checks such as; assessing this application for credit and verifying identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering. We may also make periodic searches at CRAs and FPAs to manage your account with us.
If you are making a joint application or tell us that you have a spouse or financial associate, we will link your records together so you must be sure that you have their agreement to disclose information about them. CRAs also link your records together and these links will remain on your and their files until such time as you or your partner successfully files for a disassociation with the CRAs to break that link.
Information on applications will be sent to CRAs and will be recorded by them. Where you borrow from us, we will give details of your accounts and how you manage it/them to CRAs. If you borrow and do not repay in full and on time, CRAs will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs and FPAs to perform similar checks and to trace your whereabouts and recover debts that you owe. Records remain on file for 6 years after they are closed, whether settled by you or defaulted.
If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect or identify fraud we will record this and may also pass this information to FPAs and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention.
If you have borrowed from us and do not make payments that you owe us, we will trace your whereabouts and recover debts.
We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
How to find out more
This is a condensed version and if you would like to read the full details of how your data may be used please visit our website at www.swigfinance.co.uk or phone 01872 223883 or ask one of our staff.
You can contact the CRAs currently operating in the UK; the information they hold may not be the same so it is worth contacting them all. They will charge you a small statutory fee.
- CallCredit, Consumer Services Team, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ or call 0870 0601414
- Equifax PLC, Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box 3001, Bradford, BD1 5US or call 0870 010 0583 or log on to myequifax.co.uk
- Experian, Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham NG80 7WF or call 0844 4818000 or log on to experian.co.uk.
I understand that all information relating to this loan application provided by me/us to SWIG Finance will be treated as commercially confidential and handled in accordance with the data protection principles laid down in the Data Protection Act 1998. With this understanding:
- I authorise SWIG Finance to disclose any relevant and necessary information relating to me or this application to any third party (including credit reference agencies, and partner organisations including Dartington Hall Trust and the University of Plymouth where appropriate)
- I authorise SWIG Finance to obtain any information concerning my/our business and/or financial affairs from any other person providing financial facilities to me/us.
- I authorise SWIG Finance and the Start Up Loans Company to contact me by telephone, mail or the internet about other services that SWIG Finance or its partner organisations currently or may in the future provide, or to undertake research.
- I agree to provide updates to this information when requested by SWIG Finance to satisfy the needs of project sponsors and the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
By ticking the box I agree to the processing of my personal information as set out in this document.