SOUTH WEST INVESTMENT GROUP SERVICES LIMITED
JOB TITLE : Start Up Loans Fund Manager
HOURS : 37.5 hours per week (8.30 am – 5 pm)
SALARY : £30,000
WORKBASE: SWIG Services Ltd, Lowena House, Glenthorne Court, Truro Business Park, Threemilestone, TR4 9NY
RESPONSIBLE TO : Start Up Loans Lead Fund Manager, Managing Director
CONTRACT: 12 month fixed term
ENVIRONMENT: South West Investment Group (SWIG) is a not-for-profit finance organisation and member of the Community Development Finance Association. SWIG is the main South West delivery partner for the government’s Start Up Loans scheme. The scheme, delivered under SWIG Start Ups, provides loans to successful applicants alongside business support and mentoring through a number of agencies.
FUNCTIONAL LINKS WITH: Managing Director, Lead Fund Managers, SWIG Start Ups Team, All SWIG Staff
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB : SWIG are looking for a self-motivated individual with proven loan appraisal skills to undertake appraisals of applications for Start Up Loans against agreed targets. This role would suit a person with banking knowledge.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- The appraisal of loan applicants and loan applications.
- To monitor and report on the business performance of clients.
- To oversee client files and maintain records for audit purposes.
- To update the CRM regarding client information.
- To negotiate and advise on loan repayments and recovery actions when required.
- To liaise with the Marketing and Communications Officer to maintain profile of the loans.
- To produce information for reporting to the funding bodies, and attend meetings with the funding bodies as required.
- To manage your own Continuing Professional Development in consultation with the Directors.
- To travel as required the cost of which will be met by the Company.
- To work in accordance with the necessary procedures.
- To actively and positively contribute to the staff review process and to follow up agreed actions.
- To work at all times in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to follow all company procedures and guidelines which assist this.
- To work at all times in accordance with the company’s Dignity & Diversity Policy.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required within the general scope of the job.
This job description may be subject to change, in consultation with the postholder, in response to new circumstances.
Please send a CV and Covering Letter to Anita Stevens by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
SWIG Services Ltd, Lowena House, Glenthorne Court, Truro Business Park, Threemilestone, Truro, Cornwall TR4 9NY.
Closing Date: 23rd April 2014
We are committed to Equal Opportunities and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.