BUSINESS MANAGER x 2 – CORNWALL
SWIG Finance is the Southwest’s fastest growing Responsible Finance Provider. We are committed to access to finance for viable SMEs and start-ups throughout the region. We deliver and manage our own funds as well as those of third party organisations.
Due to business growth, we are now seeking to recruit two Business Managers to join our expanding team.
The successful applicants will be:
- Self- motivated, skilled networkers who are able to originate new business
- Have a background in SME lending
- Committed to the ethos of the Responsible Finance sector
Salary £37,850 per annum.
To find out more about this position view full job description below.
If you would like an informal discussion please contact John Peters, Managing Director on 01872 223883.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you are the best candidate to: Anita Stevens email@example.com
Closing Date: Thursday 25th April 2019.
Interviews will take place week commencing 29thApril 2019.
Job Title: Business Manager (Cornwall & the Isles of Scilly)
Main Purpose of Job:
To manage and assist in the delivery of the company’s loan funds for business start-ups and SMEs in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
SWIG Finance is a Responsible Finance Provider. As a lender and manager of funds, we are committed to providing viable SMEs and start-ups with access to finance in the South West region. We assist in the delivery of the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Investment Fund alongside our own funding. We are also a Delivery Partner of the British Business Bank’s Start-Up Loans and Enterprise Finance Guarantee schemes.
This position will be based at our HQ in Truro and will involve travelling around Cornwall and working from home as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To generate new business through personal networking and contacts
- Undertake loan appraisals including risk assessment of the business proposition and affordability of finance for the borrower
- Completion and submission of all required documentation relating to the lending decision
- Uploading and monitoring of data on the loan management system
- To contribute towards agreed delivery targets
- To promote the Company in order to raise profile as appropriate
- To maintain positive customer relationships with own portfolio clients
- Liaise with the Portfolio Manager regarding loan arrears and recovery actions
- To undertake training as required to ensure compliance in regard to the FCA and other regulatory bodies as appropriate
- To manage your own Continuing Professional Development in consultation with the Managing Director
- To work in accordance with the necessary procedures
- To actively and positively contribute to the staff review process and to follow up agreed actions
- To work at all times in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to follow all company procedures and guidelines which assist this
- To work at all times in accordance with the company’s Dignity & Diversity Policy
- To undertake such other duties as may be required within the general scope of the job
This job description may be subject to change, in consultation with the postholder, in response to new circumstances.
- Minimum 2 years’ proven experience in the SME lending sector
- Effective relationship management skills
- Ability to forge networks and generate new business
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Effective workload prioritisation and time management skills
- Computer literate (min. MS Office proficiency)
- Adaptable and a team player
- Ability and willingness to travel
- A commitment to the ethos of the Responsible Finance sector
- A degree or equivalent finance/business professional qualification
- Existing networks and contacts relevant to this position
- A good knowledge of the SME business base in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
- Knowledge of FCA regulated lending
- Experience of CRM data inputting