SWIG Finance is committed to protecting your data and your right to privacy. We observe high standards of confidentiality and comply with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003
Who we are and who is responsible for your data
SWIG Finance is the trading name of South West Investment Group Services Limited. This company is registered in England with company number 02688108 and registered address Lowena House, Glenthorne Court, Truro Business Park, Threemilestone, Truro, TR4 9NY.
South West Investment Group Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for consumer credit, licence number 0627027. You can contact them at The Financial Conduct Authority, 25 The North Colonnade, London, E14 5HS.
SWIG Finance is a member of Responsible Finance and has been delivering finance to businesses across the South West region for more than 25 years.
SWIG Finance is responsible for the personal data that you supply to us and will ensure that it is handled in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA). If you have any questions or comments regarding how we handle your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on our postal address above.
Personal Information collected
We collect information from visitors to this website through the use of online forms / email hyperlinks and every time you email us your details.
We collect additional information automatically about your visit to our website such as which pages you visit. Please see our cookies policy for more details.
We may also collect information from third parties, including the Company’s Finance Partners and Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs) to make a decision about products and services we offer. Any credit reference check carried out will leave a footprint on your file which may be seen by other lenders. Your consent will be obtained before conducting a credit reference check.
We may also make checks with Fraud Protection Agencies regarding your account.
You can contact the Credit Reference Agencies currently operating in the UK; the information they hold may not be the same so it is worth contacting them all. They will charge you a small statutory fee.
- CallCredit, Consumer Services Team, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ or call 0870 0601414
- Equifax PLC, Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box 3001, Bradford, BD1 5US or call 0870 010 0583 or visit www.myequifax.co.uk
- Experian, Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham NG80 7WF or call 0844 4818000 or visit www.experian.co.uk
Type of Personal Data Collected;
Whether or not you become a customer, we will use your personal data for the reasons set out below (How we use your Personal Data). You will need to provide us with the following information, which we may also collect from third parties to apply for finance.
- Full Name
- Address history
- Email address (personal, business)
- Telephone numbers (mobile, home number, business number)
- Date of Birth, age
- Financial details (bank account details, financial accounts, salary, details of their income)
- Information from credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, electoral roll, court records of debt judgements and bankruptcies and other publicly available sources as well as information in any financial associates you may have.
- Education and employment history
- National Insurance Number
- Gender, Ethnicity for monitoring and equal opportunities purpose.
- Correspondence as well as other data we collect relating to your activity with SWIG Finance.
Use of personal information
We process personal information collected via this website for the purposes of:
- dealing with your inquiries and requests
- providing and personalising our services
- assessing your eligibility for loan finance
- administering accounts relating to our customers
- administering membership records
- crime prevention and prosecution of offenders
- maintaining information as a reference tool or general resource
- carrying out market research
- providing you with information about products and services
- We will use the information we receive from credit reference agencies and fraud protections agencies to:
- assess your application for credit
- check details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities
- verify your identity and the identity of partners or directors, only if they are a party to your application
- undertake checks for the prevention and detection of crime and/or money laundering
- managing your personal and/or business account (if you have one) with us and undertaking periodic statistical analysis or testing to ensure the accuracy of existing and future products or services
- complaint handling
- We may use automated scoring methods to assess your application and to verify your identity
We may use your information for case studies that we produce which will then be used for advertising and marketing purposes. We will obtain your consent to do this.
You have a right to see a copy of the information that we hold about you (with the exception of the assessment of your application) on payment of a statutory fee which is currently £10. Before we agree to this, you must provide us with sufficient evidence of your identity and sufficient details of the information you wish to see so that we can locate it.
Request that we update and correct any out-of-date or inaccurate personal data we hold about you by emailing email@example.com, calling 01872 223 883 or writing to us at SWIG Finance, Lowena House, Glenthorne Court, Truro Business Park, Threemilestone, Truro, TR4 9NY.
Sharing your personal data
Subject to application data protection law, we may share your personal data with;
- The South West Investment Group Ltd group of companies
- Subcontractors and other persons who help us provide our products and services
- Companies and persons providing service to us
- Our legal and professional advisors, including our auditors
- Fraud prevention agencies, credit refence agencies and debt collection agencies
- Other organisations who use shared data bases for managing applications
- Organisations that provide business support
- Government bodies and agencies
- Funders and fund contractors
How long your data will be kept
Successful Loan Applicant details: a maximum period of six years after you have fulfilled all loan payment obligations or until 2030 whichever is longest.
Unsuccessful Loan Applicants details: a maximum of six years after loan application rejection;
Mentor Details: a maximum of 2 years after request to take them off our scheme;
How your data will not be used
- your data will not be used to create a blacklist
- your data will not be sold
- If using a data capture form:
We will send you information according to the preferences you submitted via our data capture form. If you would like to be removed from any database or update your preferences please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us on 01872 223 883 or you can write to us.
We will not send you marketing information unless you have explicitly opted to receive such information.
If at any point you would like to opt-out of receiving communications from us, or would like to change the channels (such as email or post) that we use to contact you, please email us at email@example.com or call us on 01872 223 883. Alternatively you can also write to us.
We will not share your data with third parties except as required to do so by fund contractors, government bodies/agencies and law enforcement agents. Start Up Loan applicant’s information may be shared with a Finance Partner (“The Enterprise Fund Limited ta Business Finance Solutions”).
Subject access requests
You have the right to see what personal data we hold about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to us. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee for any such request.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using it to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. This means for instance that data you pass to us may be processed outside the European Economic Area, although the data will always be held securely and in line with the requirements of UK data protection legislation. By communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.