Who we are and who is responsible for your data
SWIG Finance is the trading name of South West Investment Group Services Limited. This company is registered in England with company number 02688108 and registered address Lowena House, Glenthorne Court, Truro Business Park, Threemilestone, Truro, TR4 9NY.
South West Investment Group Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for consumer credit, licence number 0627027. You can contact them at The Financial Conduct Authority, 25 The North Colonnade, London, E14 5HS.
SWIG Finance is a member of Responsible Finance and has been delivering finance to businesses across the South West region for more than 25 years.
SWIG Finance is responsible for the personal data that you supply to us and will ensure that it is handled in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA). If you have any questions or comments regarding how we handle your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on our postal address above.
We collect information from visitors to this website through the use of online forms / email hyperlinks and every time you email us your details.
We collect additional information automatically about your visit to our website such as which pages you visit. Please see our cookies policy for more details.
We may also collect information from third parties, including the Company’s Finance Partners and Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs) to make a decision about products and services we offer. Any credit reference check carried out will leave a footprint on your file which may be seen by other lenders. Your consent will be obtained before conducting a credit reference check.
We may also make checks with Fraud Protection Agencies regarding your account.
You can contact the Credit Reference Agencies currently operating in the UK; the information they hold may not be the same so it is worth contacting them all. They will charge you a small statutory fee.
- CallCredit, Consumer Services Team, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ or call 0870 0601414
- Equifax PLC, Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box 3001, Bradford, BD1 5US or call 0870 010 0583 or visit myequifax.co.uk
- Experian, Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham NG80 7WF or call 0844 4818000 or visit experian.co.uk
Use of personal information
We process personal information collected via this website for the purposes of:
- dealing with your inquiries and requests
- providing and personalising our services
- assessing your eligibility for loan finance
- administering accounts relating to our customers
- administering membership records
- crime prevention and prosecution of offenders
- maintaining information as a reference tool or general resource
- carrying out market research
- providing you with information about products and services
We will use the information we receive from credit reference agencies and fraud protections agencies to:
- assess your application for credit
- check details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities
- verify your identity and the identity of partners or directors, only if they are a party to your application
- undertake checks for the prevention and detection of crime and/or money laundering
- managing your personal and/or business account (if you have one) with us and undertaking periodic statistical analysis or testing to ensure the accuracy of existing and future products or services
You have a right to see a copy of the information that we hold about you (with the exception of the assessment of your application) on payment of a statutory fee which is currently £10. Before we agree to this, you must provide us with sufficient evidence of your identity and sufficient details of the information you wish to see so that we can locate it.
How long your data will be kept
Successful Start Up Loan Applicant details: a maximum period of six years after you have fulfilled all loan payment obligations;
Unsuccessful Loan Applicants details: a maximum of six years after loan application rejection;
Mentor Details: a maximum of 2 years after request to take them off our scheme;
How your data will not be used
- your data will not be used to create a blacklist
- your data will not be sold
If using a data capture form
We will send you information according to the preferences you submitted via our data capture form. If you would like to be removed from any database or update your preferences please email us at email@example.com, call us on 01872 223 883 or you can write to us.
Please note that your information may be used to send you details of those products or services that we offer that we have identified as likely to be of interest to you.
If at any point you would like to opt-out of receiving communications from us, or would like to change the channels (such as email or post) that we use to contact you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01872 223 883. Alternatively you can also write to us.
We will not share your data with third parties except as required to do so by government bodies and law enforcement agents. Applicant’s information may be shared with a Finance Partner (“The Enterprise Fund Limited ta Business Finance Solutions”).
Subject access requests
You have the right to see what personal data we hold about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to us. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee for any such request.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using it to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. This means for instance that data you pass to us may be processed outside the European Economic Area, although the data will always be held securely and in line with the requirements of UK data protection legislation. By communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
*Please note: this policy relates specifically to the delivery of the Start Up Loans Scheme and does not necessarily relate to the other funding streams delivered by SWIG Finance.